At-home beauty treatments are on the rise all over the world. They range from acne spot clearing devices and laser hair removal systems to hot oil hair treatments and teeth whitening kits. You might have used one of these systems for clearing out your acne or for permanent hair removal. Some people find these products useful, while others report that they are simply waste of money.
What we’re going to review today is a popular at-home blue light acne treatment device launched by the renowned Swedish beauty brand FOREO. Blue light therapy has been found to be good for various skin disorders including acne and acne spots. Learn more about this type of treatment here: Blue Light Therapy.
ESPADA is one of FOREO’s skincare solutions that uses laser-precision targeting to heal acne in a fast and effective way. It is a battery-operated device available in three different colors: cobalt blue, magenta and pink. Let’s look at some of its features and whether it is safe for use by everyone out there. Moreover, we will also find out if it has been approved by the FDA and how to use it at home.
At-Home Blue Light Acne Treatment
- Uses a powerful beam of 415 nm blue LED light with a power output of 900mW
- The red light wavelength is 625nm
- Targets not only pimples but also blackheads and clogged pores
- Comes with a built-in timer to aim at blemishes for only 30 seconds
- Can be used for about 240 times before charging again
- Available for $149 at Amazon
- FDA approved device
FOREO ESPADA At-Home Blue Light Acne Treatment Device has been designed to treat mild to moderate acne and is not meant for any other skin condition. Other than the face, you may use it on your chest and neck. A lot of people have found it to be extremely effective.
Watch the following video from askderm.com to see how this device works:
FOREO ESPADA At-Home Blue Light Acne Treatment Device can be used before putting on makeup as it only kills bacteria for clearing out acne. You may need to use it twice or thrice on the same pimple to finally get it cleared.
How to Use:
The device is very easy to use; all you have to do is place it on one of the pimples and hold for about 30 seconds. Repeat the procedure for all other areas that you need to treat.
To use this acne treatment device, you have to follow three simple steps:
- Ready – It is recommended to use it on a clean and dry skin, so remove makeup, wash your face and dry it before using the device.
- Aim – You will have to press the center button once and then follow the targeting red light to aim it on the blemish you want to treat.
- Treat – Press the device to the skin to activate blue light and T-sonic pulsations and hold it there for about 30 seconds. You’re done!
- Clears out acne-causing bacteria addressing the root cause of breakouts
- This at-home blue light acne treatment device has no side effects
- The blue light emitted by this device is the same used by dermatologists for professional skin treatments all over the world
- No need for replacement cartridges
- It is very easy to use and no training is required
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
- It is safe for everyone including pregnant women and breastfeeding moms
- Some people might find it a little bit more expensive than other acne treatments available out there
- For people who get regular breakouts, this at-home blue light acne treatment device may offer only temporary relief
- It might not suit certain skin types, so you will have to test it for your skin
I think it’s worth giving a try considering all the positive reviews and the fact that it uses blue light, which is a pain-free method to treat various skin conditions. If you find it expensive, you may look for other acne treatment products available out there. But if you’re convinced it can help you get rid of all those blemishes and blackheads, go ahead and order your device here.